All Routes Lead to Ventana Costa Rica.
- The official language is Spanish, but the majority of the population speaks English as their second language.
- The Nicoya Peninsula on the Pacific coast is considered one of only five Blue Zones in the world, where people commonly live active lives past the age of 100 years.
- Costa Rica, year over year, is designated one of the happiest countries on Earth.
- Costa Rica has not had a standing army since 1949.
- The general safety in the country is one of the highest in the region, with a big portion of their GDP dedicated for the national police.
- The currency of Costa Rica is the Colon, but much of the country accepts the US Dollar.
- Education Budget is 7.6% of the GDP with a 97% literacy rate in the entire country.
- Healthcare Budget is 9.9% of the GDP. Costa Rica is the most politically stable country in Latin America.
- The Country’s form of government is democracy and has been like that for the last 120 years.
- Costa Rica generates 100% of its electricity from renewable sources.
- Costa Rica experiences a tropical climate year-round (average temp 70-85° Fahrenheit).
- Costa Rica Houses 5% of the World’s biodiversity (500,000 species of plants and animals).
“Pura Vida” is much more than a simple saying – it is a way of life. It translates to “pure life”, and Costa Ricans use it to express almost anything, from “hi” to “bye” to “everything’s great,” and so much more! Pura Vida is a philosophy that celebrates easy, simple, stress-free living.
Costa Rica has continuously been named one of the happiest countries in the world. The Pura Vida lifestyle prioritizes the time we spend with the people we love and connecting with nature.
It’s no surprise that Costa Rica has become the fastest growing Country for Americans to move to.